Sunday, November 1, 2009

Novembert and Novembernie

Keeping with my habit of "doing things for one whole month," I'm taking this whole month to talk about one of my favorite things: talking pieces of felt.

But not just any felt, Jim Henson's Muppets. Not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, the Muppets seem to exist as their own. Never giving winking references that they're controlled, talking to celebrities, hosting their own shows.



I love the Muppets. Raised by Sesame Street, being taught the basics of my ABCs and 123s by Bird Bird and The Count. Amused by Fraggle Rock and Dinosaurs. Thoroughly entertained by The Muppet Show, Fozzie's hokey comedy routine, Miss Piggy's diva schtick, Animal's Moon-esque drumming. All of it. I have never hated the Muppets. They have been a part of my life from when I was a baby and hopefully they'll be a part of my life until I reach old age.

This month is a labor of love on my part. And I hope you guys enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment