Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Letter J

Sometimes I couldn't find any Muppets beginning with a certain letter, so I'm just going to skip that letter. This makes this much easier for me.


I'll never let it go/I'll keep my J with me/My J and I, come next July/Will join a jamboree.

Johnny Fiama


Muppets Tonight wasn't that good. It did, however, give us a few new characters. Mainly Pepe the King Prawn(who I don't like that much), but it also gave us Johnny Fiama.

Fiama is an old crooner in the style of Sinatra and, Fiama's idol, Tony Bennet. He's a regular performer on the KMUP lineup, occasionally promoting his own wares including an album called "Johnny, We Hardly Heard You" and his own theater restaurant, Johnny's Pasta Playhouse.

Despite apparently being a halfway successful singer with his own TV show("The Johnny Fiama Show") and a bodyguard (a monkey with a hot temper named Sal Minella), Johnny still lives with his mama. My best guess for this is that, as a Muppet, Fiama is very immature. Also I heard she makes a delicious pasta sauce so maybe that's it.

Janice


Part Janis Joplin(her namesake) and part Mick Jagger(the basis for her looks), Janice is the lead guitarist and backup singer(sometimes lead) for the Electric Mayhem.

The only member of the band to hold another career, Janice is also a frequent performer on The Muppet Show, mainly on the medical drama Veterinarian's Hospital(which for some reason commonly doesn't actually have animals as the subject of the sketch), where she plays the fittingly named Nurse Janice.

Sometimes there's a running joke in Muppet movies where, when all of them are talking at the same time and someone quiets them, Janice is the last one to finish talking, usually loudly saying something inappropriate to the actual topic of conversation("So I told him, 'Look, man, I don't take my clothes off for anybody, even if it is artistic' and...Oh.").

No comments:

Post a Comment